Friday, December 25, 2009

25

Merry Christmas to all!

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas with your families. I know I have.

Tuesday was the big day to fly home and it started early (7 am) in NYC and ended late (2 am) in Columbus. The day in between wasn't all that eventual since I spent most that day waiting on the standby list for any open spot on a fly into Columbus that day before I booked flight (6:30 pm). However, the time actually went by fairly quickly and I got to work on my big present for my mom. It's been a tough couple of months with me moving and my dad being out on the road with his new (now old) job. A few years back I started a tradition of buying a Nicholas Sparks book for her birthday and Christmas. So, as our current living situations have been an uneasy transitional period, I decided to read the last Nicholas Sparks book and write in it as I read it. This was anytime she read it she could feel like I was right there with her, instead of 10 hours away. Naturally, she cried and it was exactly what I was going for.

This Christmas has been pretty surreal for me. Coming home felt easier than I thought. Even as my brother drove me to our parents' house, it hadn't felt like I had been gone all that long--it actually felt like I had just made this drive within the last few days. Maybe home just never seems that far away for me? I can't deny that I have had the thought that I would like to move back, but then I remember that doing that would just be cheating myself out of what I want to do. But it is nice to know that coming home is as good as ever.

Over the last few months I've been talking about how I've working out and losing weight, but I hadn't weighed myself...only Wednesday morning. The official count of lbs. lost is a whopping 30! It was pretty nice to go through some old clothes--some I have never worn--put them on and realize they fit better than when I first bought them. So YEAH ME!

In other news, today is my birthday! That's right. The number in the title, that's my age. It doesn't feel all that bad, but then again age is just a number. Maybe 25 will be my lucky number... Stayed tuned to find out if that comes true.

Happy Adventures and Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I hope my boys are as thoughtful towards me when they grow up. Your Christmas present for your mom was so cute! I'm sure that's a gift she will never forget!

    ReplyDelete