Monday, December 7, 2009

Late-night-blogging

Happy Monday! (It may be Tuesday here, but it's still Monday on the time stamp of this blog...)

December is here! Christmas is so close I can barely taste it. I have bought ONE Christmas present and am thinking I already bought this person this gift before and have forgotten... That's such a weird feeling for me. I guess we'll see when the wrapping comes off the present in just 17 short days.

The last week hasn't included anything all that particularly exciting: just lots of work and not a whole lot else. My one day off consisted of working at another event. However, this was probably the high point of my week. The event was a recital for the winner of the Joy In Singing Competition, a tenor by the name of Paul Appleby. He's my age, but has the voice of seasoned professional. Seriously, I couldn't believe how precise his voice is, to say nothing of how spot on his interpretation of each word gave each phrase shape that told the story in such a profoundly moving way. I wish there were better words in the English language to describe the experience of hearing this guy sing. The reception afterward was full of people I didn't know, except Mr. Paul Sperry, Ethan's dad. Paul had Ethan contact me about this event and naturally I jumped at the chance to pour wine and see an incredible recital for free. I did meet some very interesting and active people in the singing world, maybe some good contacts when I finally get myself ready to go back out into the field... Either way, I want to pick Paul Appleby's mind about singing and music because I honestly feel like I learned so much by experiencing his recital. And to boot, he seems to be a very genuine guy--I didn't get a chance to meet him as he was bombarded by numerous patrons from the second he walked into the room to the moment he put his coat on and walked out. We'll see...

After that I did stop by work and got some dinner, then went out for my first ever La Mama margarita at Ariba Ariba with Al-Amaaanda. Holy crap! That was some damn good margarita. Naturally, there was fantastic conversation to be had, as well. **I do need to take a moment to mention my buddy Sean since I did get to spend an evening at his apartment eating sushi and pineapple while drinking and playing Kings. Thanks for a great night, Sean. We need to get back into the gym... **

Back to work today. It looks as though the work won't let up for a while. That's fine as long as I can buy some Christmas presents soon.

That's honestly all I got. Short for once. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves and maybe getting out with friends and family during this holiday season. Take care.

Happy Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment