Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My first role!

Happy (Not-so) Monday everyone!

YES! As the title reads, I have been cast in my first role! Don't jump up and down just yet, it's a part in a screenplay reading for a master class. But Nick, what does that mean? I'll tell you! It means that a bunch of writers are taking a master class from an established writer that has chosen to enlighten the world of these young writers with his knowledge of writing. What this means for me is that they need actors to play out these scripts. I was chosen for a script entitled A House Divided. I have no idea what the story is about, nor do I know anything about my character. Right now, the only information I know is what has already been mentioned and the date of the reading: Saturday, January 30 at 1 PM in the Bridge Theatre (I don't even know where that is...) I'LL GOOGLE IT! [Please wait while Nick googles "Bridge Theatre NYC"...]

[Thank you for your patience. We now return you to your "regularly scheduled" blog.]
The Bridge Theatre is part of the Shelter Studios home on 54th St. in Manhattan. It's not big, but will be the first "professional" acting I'll do in NYC! Can you say "excited"?!?!

In other news, I don't even know if I mentioned this before, but I got an iPhone just before flying back to NYC. I like the phone, I'm not happy with AT&T's service. Hence, I dumped AT&T and have gone back to Verizon where they have given me a great deal on the new Droid phone. I'll let you know how this goes.

In other other news, I've already bought my ticket for my next trip back to Ohio which will be March 16-23. Look out Ohio, I'm comin' for ya!

Not a whole lot else going on recently. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks and it's starting to annoy me, so I'm definitely going after work tomorrow--NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Hey Nick, you wanna go to a movie after work tomorrow? No, kid, I gotta go to the gym!

Happy Adventures!

4 comments:

  1. Even if it is a small role - congratulations on your start bud, it can only go up from here!

    Good luck - have fun!

    Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nick!!!! I'm so happy for you! You're going to rock their socks off with your first role! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Also... I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete