Monday, September 28, 2009

Back on track!

Happy Monday!!!

I'm fortunate enough to not have to go into work until 4, so I have some time to write today.

No real adventures recently, but a pretty relaxing weekend. I did work all day Friday and then again Saturday night, but had all day yesterday off. Sadly, I was not scheduled for work because I joined a kickball league and yesterday was supposed to be our first game of the season, but all games were cancelled due to "inclement weather". Whatever. It all turned out fine, actually. My friend Eric was in town for a quick weekend to visit some of us city-dwellers and we all went out to brunch yesterday--which was just plain delicious!

I have to admit: since moving here, I don't eat as much as I use to do, basically out of lack of time to eat, or real desire. However, it has occurred to me that when I do eat, I appreciate it all the more. (I never thought I'd be writing about my appreciation for food in my blog, by the way...) Our brunch spot for the day was Freemans on the Lower East Side. It's a quaint place that looks like a hole in the way from far away but has a great atmosphere and stretches for God knows how long. We were sat in the wine room at a long table with another party of 4 at the other end, which made it feel pretty homey. What really sets this place apart is that it is a hidden treasure. It's address in "the end of Freeman Alley", literally. You turn down this alley and at the end is this neat little restaurant. If you come to visit, we'll have to brunch here...

I'm glad that some of you have weighed in on my poll about Thanksgiving. It seems you are all as indecisive as I am with the results teetering right around 50/50 at all times. I think "No" is ahead by one vote right now.

This Friday night I will make my New York cabaret debut with my friend Emily (my tour guide through Central Park a few weeks ago). We will be singing "A Stud and a Babe" from I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change. This song is so me, it's not even funny. The whole song describes how these two are not exactly the picturesque dream-guy or -girl of anyone's dreams, but they discover a mutual bond found in pointing out their own foibles--which is what I do on a regular basis. It's funny as hell and I can't wait to work with her on it since Emily's been away for the last week and a half. I'm hoping someone will tape it and I can maybe get a video of it on here next Monday. We'll see what happens. Check back then.

That's all for now. Simple is life.

Happy Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment