Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A directional shift.

Hello everyone!

After last week's epic post, I decided to just say hey and let you know about a few developments in my life.

Career-wise, I think I may be looking away from Broadway for now. From the look of things here, not a whole lot is happening in the way of unknown talent making much headway in the business. Furthermore, after the reactions from the reading series, I've decided to look more into film/TV. As such, I've been put in contact with some very good resources to get on the right lists to start getting this party started. Who knows? Maybe by the end of this network season you'll be seeing me on your favorite show? So far I've been submitted to the casting directors of 30 Rock and Rescue Me!

In other news, my parents may be coming to visit!!! They informed me that the topic has been discussed in the house and a road trip may be in the works for sometime in the next few weeks. Besides the obvious thrill of having my parents come see where I live/work, they will also be bringing some necessities I've been going without for the last six months: my TV and vacuum cleaner.

Less than a few weeks to go in this year's Oscar Race and things are really starting to heat up: The Hurt Locker has been gaining some much needed momentum in this home stretch and it is kind of poised to be the film to beat some March 7. Avatar is still a favorite with the populous crowd, but the artsy folks are gunning for James Cameron to sink like the real Titanic. I just hope that ten years from now people aren't saying they hate Avatar and deny seeing it in theatres, much like some are these days with Titanic--you saw it and you LOVED it! Sadly, I am one of the four people on the planet that have not seen Avatar yet, but I plan to remedy that fairly soon. However, I did catch Colin Firth in A Single Man--highly recommended. It's not a huge film, by any means, and it is incredibly subtle in its drama, as is Firth's performance. Additionally, I finally saw Nine. Nothing to run home about, but fairly enjoyable. Marion Cotillard, I love you.

Be sure to vote in the poll. Just FYI, if Fergalicious (Nickalicious) wins, there better be some good suggestions coming my way for new lyrics...

Happy Adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Nick - just caught up with your last two weeks now that I'm home from vacation - congrats on your read-through successes!! Don't worry - I haven't seen Avatar yet either. I did however see a Chinese film that I thought was pretty good the other day. See if you can go see Hot Summer Days in Chinatown - it's a charming little romanti-comedy that I think you would appreciate.

    ReplyDelete